Smile makeovers improve the appearance of badly decayed, yellowed, misshapen, or misaligned teeth. Unlike total restorations, smile makeovers use a combination of both restorative and cosmetic treatments to drastically improve the overall appearance of your smile.
People often think that because smile makeovers are mostly intended to improve the appearance of your smile, without improving your health. Au contraire, smile makeovers can also improve your health as an offshoot of improving your appearance.
What Areas of Your Appearance Do Smile Makeovers Improve?
Before showing the many ways that feeling happier about your appearance can improve your health, we will show how smile makeovers improve your appearance and make you want to smile more. Smile makeovers have the ability to whiten yellow teeth, fix cracked teeth, and fill in the gaps of unevenly spaced teeth. Some of the treatments that might be used in your smile makeovers include:
- Teeth Whitening. Teeth whitening is one of the easiest ways to give your smile a makeover. Professional teeth whitening helps you to get a whiter, evenly colored smile without worrying about harming the integrity of your teeth. Something as easy as having a whiter smile can drastically improve your appearance, making you want to show you sparkling white smile to the world.
- Porcelain Veneers. Porcelain veneers can do more than immediately improve the color of your teeth. Porcelain veneers also improve the shape of your teeth, restore chips, and close gaps in spaced out teeth. Unlike dental bonding, porcelain veneers will not stain.
- Porcelain Crowns. Porcelain crowns do more than completely restore the appearance of your tooth. Porcelain crowns also restore the structural integrity of teeth that are chipped, decayed, or worn out.
How an Improved Appearance Improves your Health
Improving the appearance of your smile will make you want to share it with the world more often. But did you know that smiling more frequently can actually make you happier and improve your health?
Research over the last three decades has shown that smiling is not only a gesture of showing happy feelings, but it can also induce a happy feeling. In turn, happiness can drastically improve your health in the following ways:
- Happiness is good for your heart health. Research in 2005 found that happiness can lower your heart rate and blood pressure. Participants that rated their happiness levels about 30 times throughout the day found that the happiest patients had lower heart rates and better blood pressure than the less happy participants, as well as in their follow-up study. A healthier heart can also improve your gum health by providing your gums with the important nutrients they need to thrive.
- Happiness improves your immune system. Studies in the early 2000s found that out of 350 participants exposed to common colds, the participants with more positive emotions were less likely to develop the cold. On the other hand, less happy people were much more susceptible to catching illnesses. They also found that happier participants are, the more likely they are to develop stronger antibody responses from vaccines.
- Happier people experience less pain. In 2001, a study looked at a population, measuring their positive emotions against their levels of negative symptoms, like heartburn, muscle strain, and dizzy spells. The study found that people with positive emotions at the beginning of the study improved their health during the study, while the more unhappy participants experienced health declines.
Happiness has also been shown to lengthen lives, combat stress, and help fight diseases. There are many ways to make yourself feel happier, but one of the primary ways is smiling more. Smile makeovers can improve your whole facial appearance, making you feel more confident and happier than ever. Want to learn more about smile makeovers and the cosmetic treatments at Vero Dental Spa? Call our friendly and knowledgeable staff at 772-242-9714.