Or 2nd Opinion
Includes Exam (D0150) And X-Rays (D0330)
Dentures restore your tooth loss, making it possible to chew, speak, and maintain a beautiful smile. At the same time, dentures still need to be replaced every 5-7 years. Even with routine trips to the dentist, your dentures can become damaged over time, requiring a denture repair or reline.
Dentures can become damaged from dropping them on a hard surface or biting down on hard foods. A denture can break at the base, a tooth can chip or break off, or they can become too loose over time.
In situations where your dentures are broken, it might be tempting to try over-the-counter denture repair kits. However, these can often cause more harm to your dentures than helping. The best way to restore your dentures and preserve their function is by visiting the emergency dentists at Vero Dental Spa.
Why You Should Replace Dentures Every 5 to 7 YearsReplacing your dentures every 5 to 7 years can ensure that they fit properly, and do not become damaged from an uneven bite. As you get older, your mouth changes from its original shape, your jawbone shrinks, and your gums will naturally recede, causing your jaw to become misaligned. Changes in your mouth shape will cause your dentures to no longer fit correctly, which can cause a tremendous amount of pain, and lead to mouth sores and other issues.
Why Go to a Dentist to Repair Dentures?Dealing with broken dentures can be nerve-racking. After all, your dentures make it possible for you to function in your day to day life. Most of the time, your first instinct might be to find a store-bought glue to try and fix your dentures. However, over-the-counter adhesive can end up causing permanent damage to your dentures and costing you more money overall.
When Dentures Need Emergency Repair?As your mouth structure changes, it is important that your dentures always fit properly against your gums. Poor fitting dentures can damage your jawbone and gum tissue. You should contact our office for an emergency repair, as soon as you realize any of the following symptoms:
- Dentures feel loose fitting
- You notice your dentures have become cracked or broken
- Your dentures feel uncomfortable
- You are experiencing difficulty chewing
Common Emergency Denture RepairsDepending on your symptoms and denture issues, there are three common emergency denture repairs:
- Denture reline. Over time, the area of the denture that fits over the soft tissues will often need to be resurfaced. When dentures become too loose fitting for your gums, it is usually because your gums have shrunk, and there are gaps between the denture and your mouth tissue. With a denture reline, we will tighten the area between your dentures and gums, so you can bite, chew, talk, and smile without worrying about your dentures slipping or causing irritation.
- Denture rebase. Similar to a denture reline, a denture rebase fixes the hard pink surface area of the dentures that comes in contact with gum tissue. However, a denture rebase fixes the strength of your dentures, in the event that they have become loose or cracked. During a denture rebase, the only part of the denture that is not replaced are the denture teeth.
- Fixing sore spots. As we mentioned earlier, the main reason dentures become uncomfortable is due to changes in your jawbone and mouth alignment overtime. As the denture rubs against your mouth, this can create sore spots on the soft tissue of your mouth. We reduce the rubbing caused your dentures by adjusting them with a softer material. This denture repair is similar to a denture reline.
Before repairing your dentures, we will need to take an impression of your mouth, so we can properly update them to the shape of your mouth. After we repair your dentures, it is important to continue to take care of your dentures by cleaning and deodorizing them on a routine basis.
Repairing Dentures at Vero Dental SpaAre you dealing with loose fitting, pinching, broken, or damaged dentures? At Vero Dental Spa, our emergency dentists can repair your dentures, restoring their function and helping you eat, speak, and smile comfortably again. Repair your dentures today, call 772-778-5550.
8AM - 1PM